Trips and events for 2016 / 2017
Click the links below or on the calendar for more information
- Season Kick Off – October 9th, 2016
- Ski Swap – November 4th & 5th, 2016
- Ski Trip #1 Ski Brule – January 14th, 2017
- Ski Trip #2 Indianhead/Blackjack – February 4th, 2017
- Ski Trip #3 Granite Peak – February 25th, 2017
- Ski Trip #4 Powderhorn – March 18th, 2017
(changes are possible pending prices, policies at the various hills and minimum number of people registered to attend each event)
Please note: you must be a “New” or “Active RMSC member” in order to sign-up for ski trips at the $25 price. Scroll down for details
- Season Wrap Up – TBA
- Warren Miller film at the Grand – November 17th (we will have a table at this event to promote our club) 6:30 – This is the 67th annual ski film with vendors and prizes galore.
- Ski for Youth – December 4th, 11th and 18th – Please click here for some background on Ski for Youth. Many RMSC members have volunteered to help with this event over the years and you can too!
- Badger State Games – Saturday, January 21st, 2017 – Volunteers are always welcome.
Following are the trip prices for the 2017 season, (regardless of age, skier, or non-skier):
New Members – are those that have joined the club this season, whom have not previously been a member. Special pricing is offered as a welcome gift to new members, to introduce and welcome you to our club. Renewed memberships the following year with volunteered time, allows continued “Active” Membership.
Each Bus trip this season for “New” members is $25 per person.
Active Members – are those that have joined the club and have done their share to help the club function (suggested 5 hours volunteered at the ski swap or assisting another committee).
Each Bus trip this season for “Active” members is $25 per person.
Rostered Members – are those that have joined the club but, are unable to help.
Each Bus trip this season for “Rostered” members is $50 per person.
Some other ways that you can help if you are unable to attend the ski swap.
- Board positions that will be open next year: President, Vice-president, Secretary
- Committee positions:
Ski Trip coordinator (this means that you talk to the bus company and hills to set the trips up and coordinate trip leaders for each trip),
Event planner (organize the details for our season kick-off, season wrap-up or maybe a new event),
Sitzmarker (produce our e-newsletter, you can do it your way or we will give you instruction),
Membership chair (keep track of our membership),
Facebook communications (keep track of our Facebook page), a person to monitor email (monitor our ski club email),
webmaster or webpage helper (we will teach you what you need to know),
ski swap (we have a chair, but planning helpers could be used to form a committee),
Please contact us at if you are interested in one of these jobs.
So…what if I want to bring a guest? A single person they would pay $15 to join the club and $25 for their trip, if they have not been a member before. Total = $40. If they were a guest last year then the fee is$15 to join the club and $50 for the trip. Total = $65.
Here is the Guardian Form. If a minor is attending a ski trip without their parent or guardian they will need to have a willing adult member to accompany them. That person will need to have this form filled out in their possession.
Past Event: 2016-2017 Season Kick-Off
WHERE: Wausau Homes Scout Center – McCormick Lodge
3511 Camp Phillips Road
Weston, WI 54476
WHEN: Sunday, October 9th, 2016
SOCIAL AND REGISTRATION: 5:00 pm
DINNER: 5:30 pm
COST: $5.00 per person (no family will pay more than $20.00 if 4 or more)
The Club will provide Chicken with potato and (non meat) salads. We are asking everyone to bring a DISH TO PASS
RSVP: RMSC EVENTS Phone: 715-551-0084
3349 N 11th Street E-mail: email@example.com
Wausau, WI 54403