November 3rd & 4th, 2017
Marathon Park – East Gate Hall
Public Gear Drop Off: Friday 5:00-7:00 pm
Saturday 7:30-10:30 am
Public Swap Time: Saturday 11:00 am-3:00 pm
To volunteer to help at the swap send and email to:
Help is still needed especially for set up on Friday afternoon, tear down on Saturday evening, clean-up on Friday and Saturday evening, equipment prep (this happens on Friday evening and Saturday morning) and security (especially later in the day both days).
WAUSAU SKI SWAP FAQs
Please note: In order to be able to purchase items from the swap before it is open to the general public you need to be a Rib Mountain Ski Club member and be signed up to work a the swap. To go to our membership page and sign up now click here.
We are happy you have decided to join us! This event has been proven to be the best run and most power-packed ski swaps in Wisconsin! The Wausau Nordic Club, Inc. and the Rib Mountain Ski Club, Inc. have joined forces with the Wausau Ski Swap to provide you with a premier venue for selling and buying nordic and alpine equipment. Here is a list of some frequently asked questions to help you.
EQUIPMENT DROP OFF
- When can I bring in my equipment for consignment?
Please bring your equipment in on Friday, November 4th, 2016 between 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm Saturday, November 5th, 2016 between 7:30 am to 10:00 am.
- What equipment will not be allowed in the Swap?
NORDIC: Three pin bindings, cable bindings except on “bush / wilderness” skis, poles without baskets, skis that have been “re-glued”, torn / well used clothing.
ALPINE: Straight skis, rear entry boots (older models), poles that have no baskets or are bent, anything with rust (except edges), torn / well used clothing, helmets w/o labels,
WARNING to DOWNHILL EQUIPMENT SELLERS: Some downhill equipment is no longer serviced or recommended for continued use by its manufacturer or by local sellers, we will NOT allow the sale of equipment we know that presents a danger to another.
- What if I have lots of equipment or I am a commercial vendor?
If you are a commercial vendor please read the “Commercial Vendor’s Sign-Up Agreement” by clicking here. You must follow those terms and conditions exactly to get the commercial vendor discount.
If you have 10 items or more you can click here to print and use the Wausau Ski Swap Spread Sheet AND follow the instructions in paragraph 12 below to help speed check in of your gear. Complete the form legibly and bring with you on Friday or Saturday of the Ski Swap.
HOW TO SELL YOUR GEAR
- Check In
- Fill out the Wausau Ski Swap Agreement.
- Is there a charge for Wausau Ski Swap services?
Yes, the Wausau Ski Swap charges private consignees twenty-five percent (25%) of the sales price as commission.
- If you have a large amount of equipment to sell please fill out the spread sheet. See the link above.
- What if some one walks off with my stuff?
Wausau Ski Swap will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged equipment. You are selling your gear at your own risk. We will have security at the doors and we do our best to control loss, but ultimately we are unable to control all risks.
- So what happens if someone buys a pair of my skis?
When your gear sells our software will keep track of the sale. When you come in at 5:00 you will get a print out of what has been sold and what has not been sold. Wausau Ski Swap will then give you a check for your gear sold less our commission.
- Can I buy gear on Friday night or Saturday morning before the Wausau Ski Swap is open to the public?
Sorry! You will have to wait until 11:00 am on Saturday morning for the Wausau Ski Swap to open. Members of the Wausau Nordic Club and the Rib Mountain Ski Club who are working the Wausau Ski Swap will be allowed to purchase equipment early (each club will have their own rules).
HOW TO BUY STUFF
- Does Wausau Ski Swap will accept credit cards?
Yes we will! The Wausau Ski Swap will accept cash, checks (with ID) as well as Visa, MasterCard and Discover Card.
- WARNING: Please understand that the Wausau Ski Swap does not own this equipment therefore there are NO REFUNDS! NO RETURNS! NO WARRANTIES!
PICKING UP MY CHECK and EQUIPMENT
- Checks and equipment will be available ONLY after 5 pm. Your check will not be ready before 5 pm.
- If all of your equipment is sold we can mail your check to you. You must pick up your unsold equipment before 7:00 pm.